In Design and Technology we aim to provide children with a curriculum that allows our learners to become problem solvers by working creatively and imaginatively. This will enable them to design and create relevant products within a variety of contexts.
Through the Design and Technology curriculum, children will experience an engaging and thorough practical curriculum where they are inspired by, and become engineers, designers, chefs, architects and many more future careers. They will create a range of structures, mechanisms, textiles, electrical systems and food products with a real life purpose.
We aim for our learners to:
- Develop criteria to inform design of functional products that are fit for purpose.
- To generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through a range of approaches.
- To confidently and appropriately select and use a wide range of materials, resources and equipment to perform tasks according to their functional properties.
Learn and Evaluate:
- To work with an investigative and critical approach towards new and existing products.
- To understand how key events and individuals in design and technology have helped shape the world.