Our Past in Pictures [needs link to relevant gallery]
Brington Primary School is situated in Little Brington, a small, rural village approximately seven miles from Daventry and a similar distance from Northampton. The area the school serves is comprised of Little Brington, Great Brington, Nobottle, Whilton and Whilton Locks. We also have a number of children from Duston, Norton and Long Buckby. The school forms part of a cluster of schools, whose pupils normally (subject to admission criteria) go on to Campion School, Bugbrooke.
The original school is a Grade II listed building, which was erected in 1851. This was extended later during the Victorian era. It consists of a large, attractive hall, two classrooms and the toilet block. Attached to the main building is the former School House, which has been adapted to house our Library, Office, Staffroom and Curriculum Resource Areas. To the rear of the main building is our purpose-built third classroom, covered play area and further resource areas. The grounds of the school are attractive and extensive for a school of this size. They consist of a tarmac playground, grass areas, an orchard, garden and a wild-life area with a pond. In addition, the village playing field, adjacent to the playground, is maintained and used by the school.